Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Have you ever wondered when the weather man reports the prediction for rain and he says the showers will either be isolated or scattered for that day what he really means? Well we have been wondering that a lot lately because as many of you know it is a typical day here to have an afternoon shower for about an hour. We usually welcome it with open arms because it cools the night air down so that we can enjoy dinner on our patio in the evenings. Well I think I have learned today what an isolated shower is...at least for us. I am sure there is some fancy meteorologist way of determining these sort of things, but for this Texas native it means the shower starts at noon and drops buckets on your house the remainder of the day. So far it has rained at our house for the past three hours at a steady pour and this is my adventure to go get the mail.

By the way I learned a tip the other day in a Women's World magazine that suggested for damp, wet situations that you might need to use your camera you should put it in a Ziploc bag in order to protect the camera from moisture and allow a clear view for pictures. At the time that I read that I laughed, but today I found the tip to come in handy on my adventure. Despite the difficulty of making sure the bag is not bunched around the lens when you snap a shot, it worked well.
When I came off the stairs that lead to our deck I stepped off into ankle deep water. This is the pathway that leads to the back gate. I'm not sure where the path is right now.

It is raining so hard that the gutters can not keep up with the water so it sprung a leak in the middle. that's one way to do.

This is the street that runs by our house. the water is ankle deep all the way across to the neighbors house.

P.S. Jordan does know how to swim so he will be able to make it home tonight from the hospital.

No comments: