Friday, August 1, 2008

Am I loosing my Mind????

Yes, I think that it is slipping away very swiftly as I fill it with more and more counseling jargon. Just yesterday I went to the mall....a place that you would think I would be very familiar with since I like to shop, but I found myself getting lost in Macy's department store. I entered on the second floor and of course the women's department was located on the first floor. I proceeded down and did my shopping/browsing, and when it was time to go I hopped on the escalator to head out of the store. I found myself down on the first floor before I knew it. This cycle happened twice...yikes! Maybe I just like to ride the escalator, but probably not. Things similar to this have been happening as i fill my brain with more and more and get closer to the test date. Jordan assures me this kind of thing is normal when you prep for a big test. He experienced forgetfulness of daily things as he studied for the MCAT.

On another note it's happening.....you may ask "what's happening?" Well...yesterday I went to our local Starbucks only to find that they have closed.
In case you haven't heard Starbucks is closing several locations throughout the United States. The closures are suppose to happen between July 1, 2008 and February 2009. Well apparently the Starbucks here are all on the list. I reviewed the list of closures on Starbucks.com the other day and counted 10 stores to be closing in our city and then found out that there are 10 Starbucks currently in the city. Really! I mean I am not an addict, but I do enjoy a good frilly coffee every now and then and I love their Christmas specials (i.e. skinny peppermint mocha latte, gingerbread latte). Yummm!

No comments: