Monday, January 5, 2009

Walker Family Christmas...

The excitement of the holidays has passed and all of our family is back at home safe and sound. This past Tuesday my parents, Aunt and Uncle and Mammaw came to visit us for New Years and to celebrate Christmas with my side of our family. We kept with family tradition as we had banana splits on New Year's Eve. Jordan was able to get away from the hospital just long enough to come home about 11:45pm to enjoy some ice cream and then return to his patients just shortly after the stoke of midnight.










On New Year's Day we celebrated Christmas Walker-style by shopping all day and opening presents with my family that evening. Actually we shopped everyday they were here. Between Cabella's, Bass Pro Shop, The Mall and Seigen Market place I think we covered it all. It was a good time hanging out with everyone, eating, and playing games. Time always seems to go by so fast when you are all having so much fun. My Aunt, Uncle and Mammaw left on Saturday morning. My parents stuck around so they could go to the Farmer's Market and the Zoo with us.







Jordan reading the Christmas story before opening gifts.



Aunt Gladys and Mom with their presents ready to open.










My Dad thinks I'm silly taking so many pictures.








Isn't my Mammaw precious.








This Christmas with Jordan's family and my family was the first time that we hosted Christmas in our home so I tried a lot of new recipes that I am looking forward to sharing with you all very soon. It was also very helpful preparing so much of it before each family arrived so that I could spend less time in the kitchen and more time visiting with everyone. I also made my first batch of Walker homemade biscuits while my family was here...this was interesting since there is not really a recipe...each woman just has it in her head.









Here is my homeade biscuts...they are a little small because I ran low on self rising flour.









The Walker's ...Jordan was working so he missed the family photo.

No comments: