Friday, September 12, 2008

Tornado watch...

The city is currently under Tornado watch and we have experienced heavy rains and moderate winds throughout the night, but right now all is calm on the home front. However, I am glued to the television watching weather reports because my parents and several friends are in the Houston area awaiting the arrival of IKE. My parents have planned to stay at their home in Conroe and ride out the storm. I can say I am concerned for their safety as the storm is predicted to come straight up I-45 and they have numerous trees in their yard that could prove to be dangerous. This concern is even bigger after seeing the wind damage that took place at our home during Gustav. They are busily working to secure things around their house. No doubt I will be checking with them frequently and I am pretty sure tonight will be a storm watching party for us as we keep tabs on the progression of everything.

On a non-storm front I must sadly report that my new pet "Cat" has died. I woke the other morning to find him resting peacefully on the small leaf that remained in his Dawn made habitat. It's to bad too. I was planning to set him free in one of the parks the next day; somewhere far away from our plants.

No comments: