Friday, September 19, 2008

Not a lotta...

This week has been pretty uneventful for us barring all of the hurricane excitement this past weekend with my parents. I am happy to report that they now have electricity so all is well.
I have been busy contacting shelters and community agencies that I sent resumes to last week. So far none of them are hiring at this time. I continue to pray for the Lord to open doors and I know that he will be faithful to provide a job for me in his timing. I really can't complain about my time off this summer because I thoroughly enjoyed the summer of studying for my test and getting settled into our home, but there is only so much time that one can spend at home.
I have recently joined a Bible Study called Bible Study Fellowship International. A friend from church is leading one of the discussion groups so she invited me to attend. We meet once a week and then throughout the week you have study questions and reading to complete. This year we are studying the life of Moses. I am over half way through my study questions for this week and I am loving the study so far. It is amazing how God orchestrates His plan for our lives and how He works everything together to accomplish Kingdom work.
Jordan is working in Pediatrics this month and seems to be enjoying the learning experiences. September is also the first month that he has to be on call. His call schedule requires him to stay at the hospital every 6th evening so that means lots of alone time for me. Yuk! Don't get me wrong alone time is good every now and again, but with me staying at home during the day I get more than enough. When he is on call I usually watch TV and read a lot. I have noticed that staying at home by myself in our new house is much easier than when we lived in Seminary housing in Fort Worth. Our houses there were really old so there were lots of little noises that seemed louder when you were alone and there was a lot of traffic that passed by our house late at night.
More about Jordan...he did a presentation about pediatric diabetes this week for his colleagues and it went really well. He said that they were attentive and several of them participated by asking questions. Yeah! He worked really hard preparing and making a power point.
Well I must get out of the house so I will catch you all later. I hear that the new DSW shoes and Ulta have opened so I NEED to go check them out...

No comments: