
Taking the Challenge...
I know that Diets don't really work and that you have to make healthy lifestyle changes and eating choices, but I have been watching these commercials about the Special K challenge. You know the one where the girl is in the dressing room trying on a pair of jeans. I went to their website http://www.specialk.com/ and filled out their little survey to find out what the challenge is. They claim that if you follow their plan you can lose up to 6lbs. in 2 weeks. We'll see about this. In my normal grocery adventure I planned to purchase the items they suggest and take on the challenge. I mean what is the worst that could happ
en... I don't lose anything. I will let you knowin two weeks if this thing really works like they claim
it does.
Weekend Recap...
Jordan worked this past Friday evening on call so much of our weekend was him taking naps. He slept for most of the day Saturday until we went out on a date. This picture is of Jordan watching college football. It must be a really boring game because he was out.
Saturday night on our date we went to the King Buffet near the mall and wow what a mistake this was. First of all buffet means nothing close to nice quiet dinner, but at this restaurant it means four guys sitting two feet away from you eating by way of smacking, sucking, and cracking crab legs. We really had to focus on one another and try really hard to block the sounds out. I am pretty sure that is the only thing they ate all night and there was not one spec of meat in the crab leg when they finished because they sucked until there was no suck left. YUUUUK!!!! let's just say that we will not be returning there even though they have all you can eat shrimp (fried, boiled, broiled) and crab legs and sushi for only $10.95. We did however check out the brand spanking new DICKS SPORTING GOODS which is very cool.
Sunday...we had a great afternoon with some of our friends from church who came to lunch. the weather has been so pleasant here the past week that we were able to dine on the patio and not burn up. All I have to say about this meal is peach cobbler and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Yum! Yum! Bummer I won't be eating any more of that for a while and it's one of my absolute favorites.
For all those that I served with on the SAA board at TCOM I have to let you know that I have been asked to join the Louisiana State Medical Association Alliance and since I'm done with school I am looking forward to getting involved at the state and parish level. The state vice president has ask me to be the coordinator for Jordan's residency program spouses. Our first meeting is next week and I am looking forward to meeting other physician spouses.
No comments:
Post a Comment