Monday, July 28, 2008

Homesick for Houston

I have to confess that last week I found myself feeling homesick, but the question was, "for where?" I didn't understand the yearning that I had for another home other than where we currently live. I mean ...was I missing Fort Worth and the friends that we have there or was I missing Houston and my parents. Both. To help with my homesickness we decided to head to Houston in an effort to cure the sickness.
I think with all the change in the recent months and the time that I have been spending at home taking care of the house and studying for my upcoming test I longed for home where things are always the same. And i love that about it. I also was missing the chance to visit with my parents and kick back with them. i just love hanging out with them, no matter where it is, but most of all at their home. They have been so wonderful to help us pack in Fort Worth for the move and ran us to and from the airport for our vacation and then opened as a halfway point hotel and restaurant on our journey to Louisiana, and to top it all off they made a trip to our new house the first weekend we arrived. All the while they have been supporting us, both of my parents have been dealing with various medical issues. I guess I just needed to see them and love on them. Praise the Lord my mom is on the upside of her issue, but we are still praying for my Dad and the treatment of his recent findings during a blood test. I pray that the Lord will guide the doctors as they explore options with my Dad's parathyroid and blood test and find a treatment.
Going home was great and getting to just hang out with my parents was a good cure to homesickness. I do have to admit that all of my homesickness is not resolved as i still yearn for the chance to hang out with of our friends from Fort Worth and know what is going on with them. Sometimes email and blogs just aren't enough. I especially miss having spontaneous dinners at our house where all of our friends show up and it feels like home. As Jordan and I are still settling into the town and slowly meeting friends it makes me really miss everyone and wish that i could call you all up and have you over for dinner or see you all on Sunday morning at Sunday school.

No comments: