Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Long Days and Long Nights

Well, Jordan is finishing up his last ER rotation this month. He is working three 7am-7pm shifts in a row. I love it when he works the ER because he comes home with interesting stories. The long hours are a downer though.
I am training VBS teachers this week for the Baptist Association. We held one training tonight and another on Thursday. Tonight I had 25 attendees in my class so we had a lot of fun. They were very interactive and had a lot to offer in our discussion time.
Jordan and I will keep busy this weekend doing some recruiting for the Family Practice Residency.

A Confession....In my spare time I have noticed that the only channel I have been watching is HGTV. With the news of moving to Alaska I am hoping to have the opportunity to live somewhere that will need some painting and fixing up (not a lot, just a little). I just want to pick out our own paint colors and change things up a little. I was disappointed to find out that HGTV, Property Virgins is only accepting applicants in the Toronto area.

Have you seen the homes in Alaska though? They are definetly different from the beautiful Acadian style homes we have here in Louisiana. They focus on what the view is from the front porch rather than what the front porch looks like.

Later Gators :)

1 comment:

Smith + Long said...

Yeah! The blog is back! Glad to read updates from the Downings...