Monday, January 12, 2009

New Possibilities to be in Prayer for

As you know the job search has been interesting since we moved to Baton Rouge. It hasn't been as easy as I had thought it would be. At times I would even have to admit that it has been discouraging and frustrating. All the while trusting in the Lord that he has a plan and purpose for the time that I have been not working. God has blessed me with some great moments that I otherwise would not have been a part of if I had been working at the time.
This blog is by no means to say that the search is over or even close to being over, but I just wanted to ask you to be in prayer with Jordan and I as some new possibilities have opened up. I have made some new contacts in the past month that seem to have some promise. I would specifically ask you to pray on Wednesday as I meet with a non-profit organization here in town to discuss some possibilities. I will be sure to keep you posted on what is going on and how God is answering prayers.

On another note Jordan and I finally felt the Lord leading us strongly to become ministry partners with Istroma Baptist Church. We have been visiting there for the past month and we are very excited to become a part of this church and begin to join them in the many ministries reaching out to the community of Baton Rouge and the world beyond.

No comments: