Jordan and I had a great time with our families over the Thanksgiving break. We spent the holiday at my parent's house in Conroe, TX. Jordan's mom and dad and youngest sister Whitney drove in from Waco to spend Thanksgiving day and Black Friday with us. The pictures above are from the dinner preparations. My absolute favorite is of Jordan and his mom when they got caught stealing a bit of pumpkin roll of the dessert table when they thought no one was looking. Gotcha!!!
On Friday morning my mom, Jordan's mom and I braved shopping in the wee hours of the morning. We left the house at 3:45AM and made it to Kohl's just when the doors were opening at 4:00AM. The line was unbelievable. It wrapped around the front of the store and into the parking lot. I thought my mother-in-law was done for when we drove in the parking lot and she saw the line. Her first words were, "I'll stay in the car".....she was brave though and got out and waited in line with us. I think after getting in the store and finding some great deals she was in full swing. After we hit the sales at Kohl's my mom had a few items she wanted to get a deal on at Walmart so she went ahead of us. Yikes! Let me just say it's not easy finding your mom in a super Walmart when she doesn't have her cell phone on her. Don't worry....I found her finally. Our final destination was the mall which we found to be pretty calm considering the madness at Kohl's and Walmart.



Friday afternoon we had the opportunity to meet with our old friends Chuck, Melissa and their 15month old daughter Abby. Chuck and Melissa moved to Arkansas almost a year ago to serve at a small church near Fort Smith. It was wonderful to meet with them over lunch and hear about life in Arkansas. Later that evening we attended the play Scrooge with my family.On Saturday as if we had not had enough shopping already my mom, Jordan and I ventured out to Kohl's, Garden Ridge, Central Market, and Eddie Bauer to catch a few Saturday only specials.
We really enjoyed the time with both of our families and now we are gearing up for the Christmas holidays as each of our families will be joining us here the week of Christmas and New Years.
No comments:
Post a Comment