Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Strange things lurking in the night

This evening when Jordan and I returned from Bible study the sun was already down so the backyard was pitch black. We were walking up the stairs to our back door...me in front and Jordan behind me and we were busy talking when I caught something out of the corner of my eye that moved at the top of the steps. It scared me so I yelped pretty loud. Jordan just thought I was being scared easily. When I reached the top of the stairs I could see what it was and found it (a black cat with white paws) clawing at the railing of our deck trying to get out. I think my yelp scared him more than he startled me. Just as soon as I stepped back from the stairs the cat made a break for it speeding past Jordan and disappearing down the stairs into the night.

I need to find out what is attracting the cat to our patio because the other day when Jordan was pulling in our plants to protect them from possible freeze in the night the same cat snuck up the stairs and surprised him. He is a very skiddish cat though because he was pretty frantic after being discovered to get off the porch ASAP.

Do cats eat gecko's? If so we might have to keep him around to keep those creepy things away.

No comments: