The next day my mom and dad had to work so Jordan and I were complete bums around their house. I think Jordan was on the computer for at least 7 hours. I like to give him a hard time about that one. He denies it though. When my folks got home from work my mom and I cooked dinner for the boys (Jordan and my dad). I love cooking with my mom and she makes the world's best mashed potatoes from scratch....I usually cheat at our house and make the fake but real ones that come in the box for the sake of time.
Friday...both of my parents took off for the holiday weekend so we headed down south to the ship channel and Kemah for the afternoon. We toured the San Jacinto Monument and took in some good ole' Texas history about how we beat the Mexican Army and General Santa Ana...
This is my mom and dad with Jordan and I on the monument steps.....next we headed over to the USS Texas to tour the battleship. Look out Navy I think we found some recruits for the USS Texas' next voyage into battle (good thing it is retired)
My mom took this thing seriously...i think she blew up a couple of barges out in the ship channel.
After blowing up the ship channel and surrounding area with our super duper guns we toured the ship below where the soldiers lived.
I feel really sorry for the guy on the bottom if these things give way. Talk about claustrophobic sleeping conditions.
After all the touring and playing on the ship we drove down the coast to Kemah for dinner and a stroll on the boardwalk. I love Kemah....we use to go there when i was a kid for seafood dinners and watch the sailboats and shrimp boats come in and out of the bay, but it has changed a lot from the tiny shrimp community it use to be. Now it is a boardwalk full of commercial restaurants and rides and cute little shops. It is still a lot of fun, but different from the old Kemah I grew up with. Any who here are some pictures... 
Here we are at Joe's Crab Shack enjoying the shade and overlooking the canal that the boats go in and out of the bay through.
Mom, Dad and I shared a boiled seafood platter complete with all the works. Gotta love the bibs!
Just in case watching the boats and ocean view are not enough.
On Saturday, Mom and I went out for a little shopping. This is a shot of us in Sam Moon before we indulged in some purse and jewelry shopping. Yes, the purses were stacked as tall as our head and it was a zoo in the store that day. Some were walking out with 5-10 purses and one lady had 7 zebra print bags in her shopping cart. I think I know what her family is getting for Christmas. After a day of shopping the whole family went to Panera Bread to catch a bite to eat before the dirt track races. Yum, I love me some Panera Bread!!!

Beautiful sunset in the middle of the race.
We spent the evening at the Gator Track in Willis, Texas enjoying the loud thunder of the engines roar and the dirt flying. If you have not been to dirt track car races it is an experience. I love to chill out and pick random cars to cheer for. I usually pick the girly or flashy looking car and Jordan usually picked the car that comes in last. If you dare to attend one of these events please take your ear plugs. ***Oh! The guy in the picture above did have a wreck and both drivers were o.k. He actually competed in another race later in the evening. Well, this is the conclusion of our vacation in Texas....Evacuation in Texas is still to come. I will also post Hurricane Gustav pictures of our place and the surrounding area. I am off to walk about and see the damage throughout the neighborhood. Jordan said on his way to work; he saw 2 houses a few blocks over with trees laying on them.
Praise...We have electricity!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment