Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Don't tell Jordan we have a pet...

This morning with cereal in one hand and coffee in the other I headed in the living room to find this little critter on the floor. As you already know I am not that fond of finding little critters in the house. It always makes me think there has to be more and that there is a breach in the security of our home. Weird, I know. The theory that I like to believe about this little guys is that he lost his way when our plants were brought in the house for protection from the storm. I'd rather believe that than thinking about him sneaking in through a door or crack.

The first task was to decide to do with him and how to get him off the floor. I grabbed two clear cups and scooped him up without a fight. well, that is not totally true. He left a little brown goo behind on my floor and in the cup as you can see in the picture. I decide to make him a little home in the cup to show Jordan when he comes home.


Our new pet is a little shy as he rolled up in a ball for about 20 minutes after being captured, but now he is eating on the leaves that I put in his new home. For now his name is, "Caterpillar", but I think he needs a more personal name. Hummm! I am most curious to find out what type of caterpillar he actually is.

Jordan should be excited about having a pet since he is always wanting to keep lizards. You see we can't have pets in our apartment so I am always the bad guy to remind him of that. Plus, Jordan is allergic to cats and I get allergy symptoms around any fury inside pet so that leaves us with the possibility of one day having fish (oooo...exciting all those tricks they do).

No comments: