Monday, August 18, 2008

Danger in the Kitchen

On Thursday Dawn and I bought some plants for our patio. We got some herbs and a little rose bush. Then on Saturday we bought some baskets, pots, soil and seeds for more herbs and flowers. After getting dirty up to our elbows in dirt, we had a very attractive little patio garden with fresh herbs, flowers and other plants. It was fun.
Sunday evening I was reheating some leftover food in the toaster oven. Let me preface this by telling you that I have a history of catching food on fire...a brisket, ribs, tortilla chips (don't ask) but you get the picture. So, there I was, sitting next to the toaster diligently monitoring the progress of the reheating process and I noticed an inscription on the toaster door. I read it aloud to Dawn: "Hey, listen to this just in case you ever need it: IN THE EVENT OF FOOD FLARE-UP KEEP DOOR CLOSED AND UNPLUG POWER CORD." The second I finished reading something caught on fire! No lie! I yelled and threw the door open and started blowing. Dawn was laughing at me then said "That's not what it said to do!" But the fire went out after some huffing and puffing and the food was spared.
We've been getting ready for our road trip to Texas and can't wait. Time with friends and family and celebrating birthdays. It will be so much fun!

No comments: