Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Conjunctivitis

ooh! doesn't the title of this blurb excite you beyond measures. Well, don't be to impressed; it's just Jordan's way of saying "pink eye" and that, my friends, is what I was diagnosed with today. Yesterday I woke up with a most disgusting blood shot eye that did not go away for a day and a half so Jordan sent me to the doctor this afternoon to be diagnosed. I think this makes the second time that I have had this in 2008 so it seems that I am pretty prone to this eye problem.
On another note, I visited Jordan at his hospital today and got the grand tour of the baby department. So far Jordan has done 4 c-sections and one vaginal delivery. Today one of the doctors he worked with had him close (sew) the patient up after the delivery. I got the full demonstration when Jordan came home this evening and it seems pretty much like hand sewing a hem. I am sure it's not that simple but it certainly seemed that way as he was describing it while I was preparing our Jambalaya for dinner.
On the home front we have had a few projects going on around the house. We refinished a dining table and this weekend I am going to attempt to reupholster the dining chairs.


Here is our refinished table and the dining chairs pre -reupholstering.

The outside of our new place is also getting a face lift. The owner has decided that she would like to upgrade the deck so there is a little construction taking place. Jordan and I are most excited since we spend most of our time out there during our free moments. We love to eat dinner on the deck and I love to enjoy a fresh cup of Community Coffee in the mornings out there. We have a cat that lives in our garden who we have named smokey; she is very adventurous as she maneuvers through the jungle in our backyard and she dives over the fence into the neighbors' yards to chase birds. We also have blue jays and cardinals that frequent our backyard and the surrounding trees. Among the cat and the birds are tons of lizards that live in our backyard. When I arrived home today one of them greeted me on our back stairs.

this is the beginning of construction on our back porch.

Here is one of the many outdoor guest that we have.

This picture is a total freebie ad....this is one of the best places to eat in Louisiana. If you are ever passing through the sportsman's paradise state you should stop in for some great chicken tenders and some saucesome sauce. That's right I said, "saucesome".

RAISING CANE'S CHICKEN...I think this is one of the original locations.

No comments: